Sunday, April 29, 2012

Voice Thread as Digital Storytelling in L2 Learning

I think that Voice Thread is a great tool for providing a space for collaborative input and interaction in a digital storytelling task.  It involves all of the forms of communication, (reading, writing, listening, and speaking), and allows full collaboration in the class.  Being online, it can be used in, or outside of class time and the classroom setting, thus extending the time and contexts in which students can learn!

I commented on two of my classmates' Voice Threads. the first one was about learning French culture as a means to help improve communication in French.  Learning L2 Culture by Nick.  The second Voice Thread I commented on was about the uses of music in teaching L2. I found through my own experiences that music can help L2 cultural understanding more than it can aid grammatical and lexical development.

1 comment: