Sunday, April 29, 2012

Bookr

Bookr is a fascinating internet tool that can be used in so many different ways to facilitate digital storytelling! It can be used to give a proper slideshow, online, and it's shareable with others! I made a Bookr about my family vacation back in 2007. My Family Vacation Bookr

I think that there are many applications for teaching that Bookr can allow.  First, I can see it being used as a format for second language learners to share their cultural experiences and learn from one another. Secondly, and through the same example, the L2 students are practicing self-expression in their L2, which is more important practice than simple memorization of grammar and vocabulary, because the students are creating original language through the exercise. Third, students can use this tool to learn how to use digital media in the Web 2.0 world we live in now.

A frog of Play-Doh is my gift to the world.

1 comment: